Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Green means Go!

Green Team, the newest edition to the WAKA Patriot Summer Division, announced the start of their 2008 campaign to win the division this morning.

Manager and Captain Eric Pierce was on hand to share his thoughts on the season.

“I’ve got a good feeling about this bunch. Most of them were with me in my last job with the [Strangers in the Alps] and I’m proud as hell to have them with me still. In addition, though, we’ve signed a few free agents this season that I really think are going to be strong contributors on the field and in the public house.”

When asked about his coaching style, the manager was confident.

“Everybody plays. Everybody. We didn’t pay much [anything] for these guys’ contracts, so we’re going to get the most out of our money.

“The key is to find their strengths and identify their weaknesses. I’ve got a girl who’s surprisingly athletic. I’ve got a guy who’s a crazy shuffler. We’ve got speed and agility. We’ve got heart and enthusiasm. This team is the complete package.”

Captain Eric was his usual tight-lipped self when asked about his strategy, but after a few beers, not surprisingly, he became a bit chattier.

“I’m not gonna lie, I’m building on last season’s strategy. But I’m also adopting some of the ideals of our namesake, the Funny or Die Green Team. For instance, after July 10, I’m instituting a team diet of day old bakery goods and power bars wrapped in biodegradable napkins --I’m ordering them in bulk.”

It’s looking like an exciting summer on the Common this summer for the Green Team and its fans. As you wait for July 10, however, take a look at the video, nay, the film from which the Green Team’s name is derived, which offered Captain Eric and his teammates inspiration that will surely lead them to glory and success this season.


No comments: